Smile Identity | Senior Android Engineer
About Smile Identity
- Smile Identity solves hard problems of identity for high value transactions
in low-trust environments. We are backed by Vinod Khosla, 500 Startups, CRE Venture Capital and Catalyst Fund.
- Our mission is to make the benefits of a modern digital lifestyle universally accessible by expanding trust in underserved markets.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Android engineer who has developed and managed an Android App, library or SDK used at scale (100,000+ users) in low-bandwidth, data-constrained markets.
What you will do?
- Lead Android development and eventually take on full responsibility for our Android SDK.
- Work with internal and external designers and product managers to turn our partners’ ideas from wireframe concepts into live Apps used by hundreds of thousands of customers.
- Drive our SDK roadmap to achieve compatibility on devices running KitKat to Nougat.
- Optimize our SDK integrations for the widest possible range of smart phone device capabilities and worldwide geographic reach.
- Empathize with our end users who often make sacrifices to pay for data and refactor our code regularly to maximize performance in low bandwidth and intermittent connectivity environments.
- Lead early product internationalization and work with our partners to ensure local language / dialect support in key markets.
- Develop instrumentation for testing, piloting and instrumentation; we need reports for everything and must fine-tune even the most specific details.
- Work with our Co-founder / CTO and backend engineering team to ensure seamless SDK integrations and high performance in our partner’s apps and with external APIs and databases.
What you will need?
- 5+ years Android experience.
- Prior experience handling complex or custom SDK integrations.
- Experience in a high-growth team and/or startup experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to speak up and speak the truth.
- Purpose: This is one of those rare chances in life to work on something that has real meaning. The code you write will be touched, used and appreciated by many people on their way to accessing to a better, richer life with more opportunities. They are the reason we are building this company.
- Opportunities for international travel; join Smile Identity...see the world.
Comp & Benefits
- Competitive for the Bay Area, with significant equity component.
- Health insurance.
- Flexible hours, personal growth and autonomy.
Qualified & interested?
Email resume to email@example.com